|dc.description.abstract||THE QUALITY OF GOVERNMENT EXPERT SUR-VEY II IN BRIEF
• The Quality of Government Expert Survey II (QoG Expert Survey II) focuses on the organizational design of public bureaucracies and bureaucratic behavior on countries around the world
• It is based on the subjective assessments of carefully selected country experts
• Expert participation is pro bono
• In total, 7096 questionnaires were sent
• 1294 questionnaires were completed
• The questionnaire included 71 substantive questions
• Geographical coverage: 159 countries
• 122 countries have three or more experts
• The QoG Expert Survey II includes the following new topics: women in public administration, corruption and embezzlement and transparency
• It has also improved measures for personnel management systems and administrative wages
• There are one individual-level and one country-level datasets.
• The QoG Expert Survey II has, in total, 59 country-level indicators
Suggested data citation: Dahlström, Carl, Jan Teorell, Stefan Dahlberg, Felix Hartmann, Annika Lindberg and Marina Nistotskaya. 2015. The QoG Expert Survey Dataset II. University of Gothen-burg: The Quality of Government Institute.
Suggested report citation: Dahlström, Carl, Jan Teorell, Stefan Dahlberg, Felix Hartmann, Annika Lindberg and Marina Nistotskaya. 2015. The QoG Expert Survey II Report. Gothenburg: The QoG Working Paper Series 2015:9||